End of Days Review

END OF DAYS
Series: Penryn & the End of Days #3 
Genre: YA, Apocalyptic
Release Date: May 12th 2015
Book Length: 435 pages
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Source: Physical copy, Goodreads 
Review: 5/5 *Full Review Below.

Blurb:
End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?





THIS IS HOW TO FINISH A SERIES

Susan Ee has outdone herself with this one, after only discovering this series this year (yes I’ve been living under a rock) I shamelessly went through the first 2 books in 2 days. It quickly rose to being my favourite paranormal/sci-fi series ever.

End of Days is the explosive conclusion to an epic series where Penryn & Raffe try to stop an apocalypse and try to save the human race from being wiped out by angels. Easy right?

Penryn ‘The Angel Killer’ is as badass as ever, she will do anything to help save her family and mankind. Aside from her fierce nature in the past two books I loved her more than ever in this one; Yes the world is coming to an end and angels want to kill all humans but she was able to have these girly moments in the middle of a war to appreciate how heart stopping-ly good Raffe looked in a baseball cap or when kidnapped to check to see if a crazy cult had shaved her head? These little laughable moments were like a breath of fresh air because obviously the book is not all sunshine and rainbows.

However the best best best part of this book was the romance, we finally got what we was lacking in World After and trust me it’s worth the wait! It wasn’t a constant feature throughout the book but these sizzling forbidden kisses and touches will leave you a little flushed but with enough tension to want more, seriously 25+ pages and I was dying!! Enjoy ;) .

“That’s who you are— my brave, loyal, lovable Daughter of Man.”

I really enjoyed getting to know Penryn’s mother more because obviously she’s down right crazy but she will go to extreme lengths to protect both of her children. Raffe is as charming and swoon-worthy as ever and he even developed a little bit of a sense of humour, I just love him! Of course little Paige who my heart just bleeds for throughout the series becomes such a strong character even after everything that has happened to her. I found myself ridiculously protective of her because I couldn’t imagine anything happening to my little sister even though she annoys me to death, Love you really Courtney! J

Like Angelfall and World After the plot was gripping, well paced and will be enjoyable to read again and again. I only took issue with the ending because it felt a tad anti-climatic and there are some series questions that needing answering for me. Regardless of the issues I had this has still been one of my all time favourites and with a stunning conclusion I couldn’t not give it 5 stars.

“So if it’s not a pig farm that you want, what is it?” he asks.
I swallow. “How about a safe place to live where we don’t have to scrounge for food or fight for it?”
“It’s yours.”
“That’s it? All I have to do is ask?”
“No. There’s a price for everything.”
“I knew it. What is it?”
“Me.”

Share This:

5 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, but I haven't read this series yet! I originally thought that because it was post-apocalptic, it would be a horror book about surviving, nothing more. But after reading your review, I think it's time I read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAAAAT ERIKA? You need this ASAP, I mean it, you will just die when you meet Raffe ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous you got to read this already!!!! I LOVE this series. Discovered it last year right before book 2 came out. Probably one of the best post apocalyptic angels stories I have ever read!! I can't wait to devour this and get more Raffe & Penryn!!
    Great Review.
    -Amanda @ Hearts Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you Amanda, there is nothing like it and it's so so good!! Yes can never get enough Raffe & Penryn, *swoooons* x

      Delete
  3. I still haven't started this series, even though I bought the first book--a year ago. I really feel like I'm missing out. Maybe soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...