Review: What Comes of Eating Doughnuts With a Boy Who Plays Guitar by Nicole Campbell

WHAT COMES OF EATING DOUGHNUTS WITH A BOY WHO PLAYS GUITAR
Series: Gem City #1
Genre: YA, Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 19th 2015
Book Length: 220 pages
Source: Author (Thanks Nicole!!), Goodreads 
Review: 5/5 *Full Review Below.
Blurb:
Courtney Ross has lived her whole life doing everything by the book. She’s a top student, the captain of the cheer squad at her Scottsdale high school, and a nervous wreck most of the time. For summer vacation before senior year, she finally has her chance just to relax. She will be spending it with her best friend, Vanessa, in her tiny hometown of Gem City, Ohio. Courtney’s hoping for a chance to breathe, and maybe even for some of Vanessa’s carefree nature to rub off on her. What she doesn’t expect is Ethan Fisher. Courtney knows she’s in trouble the minute she sees him holding a guitar at her “Welcome Back” party. Her instincts prove to be correct as she gets to know him, and she finds her head spinning. What will this mean for the girl who always plays by the rules? 


This was gorgeous, so sweet and absolute perfection for YA Contemporary Romance fans!

First off let me just confess my total love of the title: What Comes of Eating Doughnuts With a Boy who Plays Guitar.. Seriously? Could this be anymore amazing and I also adore the cover. This book perfectly captured what it’s like to be 17 again and experiencing your first love.

After coming off reading An Ember in the Ashes I’d say I wasn’t exactly depressed but was in serious need of a pick me up, this book did just that more. In short this book is enjoyable, exciting and just so much fun to read.

We start with Courtney a cheerleader who nearly entering her senior year and has some big decisions to make; will she leave her family and friends to attend college away from home? For some this sounds exciting but for Courtney it would also be a nightmare being the introvert that she is. So before setting anything in stone she’s travelling to Ohio to spend her summer with her best friend Vanessa. She hoping for a carefree, relaxing summer before college.. that is until she meets Ethan Fisher.

I must talk about the characters because for once there wasn’t a single one I didn’t like, which is quite rare for me. Courtney is so sweet and shy but what I loved most about her was when she gained some confidence she was able to put her smart mouth to use. Vanessa is super fun and full of confidence and always brings out the best of Courtney, which she totally needs. Ethan you say? Oh Ethan was perfect, he wasn’t your typical bad boy full of arrogance and quick witted, don’t get me wrong I looove bad boys this wouldn’t have been a bad thing for me but Ethan was such a good guy; always thoughtful and caring and yes totally swoon-worthy who could serenade you with his guitar, bring you doughnuts? Has rocking abs!!! Absolute perfection!

So essentially this about young love, your first love that is so meaning and full of lust, infatuation and the feeling that nothing can go wrong. The romance is perfectly written and brings back so many memories of being 17 again, some good some bad but I was really able to connect with the characters and it didn’t take me long to get into this story, I was completely hooked and couldn’t put it down. Soon Courtney’s four weeks in Ohio are up and she and Ethan are left to answer a dreaded question; long distance relationship or not? will this work or not?

For those of you who like a little twist in your reads or maybe some action then I wouldn’t recommend this book. This is all about the romance and the decisions Courtney & Ethan make. However for those of you who love a good, simple heartfelt romance that’s sure to make you reminisce of being young a love then this is definitely for you. I can’t wait for the next book in this series as the ending left me wanting more!!


Share This:

4 comments:

  1. Love, love the tile. I mean come on, doughnuts and boys? Count me in. Lol. I never heard of this one, but five stars? Yes, I'm so in. Added it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? How amazing is it? I totally love it!! That's great I hope you love it too :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this book but your glowing review has made me add it to my TBR list :) Great Post!
    I have nominated your awesome blog for the Book Fangirling Award :D Congrats! Check out the post here: http://abookparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/book-fangirling-award-d.html Have a nice day/evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaayyy I'm so glad Tanya! Thank you do much :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...